1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Pork Szechuan

Discussion in 'Pork' started by up in smoke, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Well smoked a rubless Boston Butt Sunday, but it was so cold, the kids didn’t show, so the missus and I had Yukon Gold smashed potatoes and Hot Pork sammiches w/Pork Gravy last night. So tonight I grabbed 4 or 5 thick slices of that lovely smoked pork, cut em into strips and whipped me up a batch of tantalizing Smoked Pork Szechuan with about a #9 heat, my sweetie thought it a bit too zippy for her palate :oops: I thought it was the cats meow! :roll: Ah So! Sorry no shots, I ate the model! :shock:

2. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Legendary Pitmaster

Smoked got a recipe for that tantalizing Smoked Pork Szechuan ?
    We can forgive the lack of pictures but ... only if you share your recipe.

:P

Sounds yummy!

3. naplesroo

naplesroo Smoke Blower

Ah so papa san, Confusius say man who not share recipe fall into disfavor :( sounds really good. Especially the the #9 heat [​IMG]

4. Well…ok :oops:

Smoked Szechuan Pork
    1-1/2 pounds smoked pork butt, cut in bite size pieces on the bias
    5Tbs. soy sauce, divided use
    2Tbs. cornstarch, divided use
    2Tbs. oil, divided use
    2Tbs. chile paste
    1/2tsp. crushed red pepper
    1/2tsp. minced fresh ginger
    1/2cup chicken broth
    2Tbs. rice wine vinegar
    2Tbs. dry white wine
    1tsp. brown sugar
    1/2bell pepper, cut in 1 1/2-inch strips
    1/2vidalia onion in wedges
    1carrot, sliced on an angle, kinda thin
    2cups brocolli florets
    1/4cup sliced water chestnuts
    2cloves garlic-sliced thin
    2Tbs. water
    1Marinate pork in combined 3 Tbs. soy sauce, and 1 Tbs. cornstarch for 30 minutes.
    2Heat 1 tbs oil in wok or slope sided pan. Stir-fry crushed red pepper over medium-high heat for 2 minutes; remove.
    3 In remaining oil, stir ginger and garlic and water chestnuts until lightly browned. Add broth, vinegar, 2 Tbs. soy sauce, wine, chili paste and sugar. Cover; simmer 2 minutes.
    4 Add veggies; cook 2 minutes.
    5 Add smoked pork.
    6 Add combined 1 tablespoon cornstarch and water. Cook and stir until thickened, serve immediately.
    :twisted:

5. naplesroo

naplesroo Smoke Blower

Sorry we shamed you into sharing....but not to sorry :!:

Thanks, looks great

6. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Legendary Pitmaster

Carl that really looks like a winner!
    Thanks!

7. cajunsmoker

cajunsmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Now Carl I know you better than that. There had to be some Siracchi in there somewhere!

8. Dutch

Dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Carl, I saw that 2 tbs of chile paste in the recipe and my forehead broke out in a sweat!! I am going to try this but I gotta tame it down a bit for Mrs. Dutch. The only thing she likes hot is me!! Opps did I really type that!!! SHOCK!!

9. Well, Roger…with the pepper flake infused oil and the 2 Tbs of chili paste I figure normal people have their limits, I of course had to squirt some additional srirachi sauce on my portion or my sweetie would have been dining on cheese crackers!

10. cajunsmoker

I hear you brother. Gotta try that recipe. (insert smiley face here):)

11. As a correction, please note…the smoked pork was a butt not a loin (however I’m sure a loin would make for a perfectly fine substitute, albeit maybe not quite as tender as a butt). Thank you!

12. Dutch

Dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Rodger, I gave you a smiley face :)

13. I like a little heat, but my motto is; food should not hurt.

14. cheech

cheech Master of the Pit OTBS Member

That sounds like it would taste great (maybe minus a bit of the heat although it is so cold here in Michigan I am not sure I would feel the heat).

I give you 2 gold stars for a great sounding recipe[​IMG][​IMG]

15. cajunsmoker

Thanks Dutch, now thanks to our fearless leader I can give one myself[​IMG]