Smoked Pork Loins with Q-view!

Discussion in 'Pork' started by nedtorious, Jun 26, 2013.

1. nedtorious

nedtorious Smoke Blower

I did these a while back, but just got around to posting them now. I do my pork loins a little different than most people, but the results are always good.

I injected two 9 lb. pork loins with a mixture of olive oil, orange and apple juice, Cheerwine, Sundrop, and Moore's Marinade, then refrigerated overnight.

Dried them off, and coated them with rub.

Smoked at 225 until internal temp was 180. About 6 1/2 hours. Thats right 180! At this temp they are just melt in your mouth tender.

They are so moist and tender, its ridiculous!

mmmmmmmmmmmm!

Thanks for looking! [​IMG]

ne rookie and thatcho like this.
  2. kathrynn

kathrynn Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Hi Ned....I am so glad you are back and posting again.  Was missing you!  Those really do look great!  Gotta love that Sundrop!

Kat

3. webowabo

webowabo Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Theylook dandy... ! You got those down..

4. bigtrain74

bigtrain74 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

NED NED NEDtorious!!!! That looks great!!! Nice job!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  5. That's some pretty pork!

Logan

6. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I always pull my loins at 137°F - 142°F, foil and wrap for an hour.

The injection sounds like its a major player in making the loin tender at 180°F

I think I'm gonna try your way, it sounds intriguing.

Well done

7. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

The injection most definitely plays into the high IT. On two different occasions I have accidentally cooked loins to 180*. The first time was with a brined, not injected loin. The second time was a rubbed loin. Both times they turned out as dry as sun baked leather! Will have to give your injected method a try.

thatcho likes this.
  8. Those are some really nice lookin pork loins NED.

Think I will have to give that a try also. Have you ever frozen them again after smoking like that

Happy smokin'

Mike

9. Exactely what I was looking for.[​IMG]

Injected, rubbed and cooked at a very low temp. Your recepie is on my list.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  10. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

And I would venture to say that Oil in the injection is a key player in the outcome.

11. nedtorious

nedtorious Smoke Blower

Defiantly, I've tried it with out the olive oil, its just not the same.

12. mrad

mrad Smoke Blower

Would you be interested in posting the quantities used in the marinade? I just pulled out an 8 lb center cut loin and was about to post for suggestions. I think I found what I wanted!!

13. nedtorious

nedtorious Smoke Blower

I'm not exactly sure on the measurements, I make slight changes to this recipe every time I do it. 1 1/2 Cups olive oil, 3/4 cup apple juice, 1/2 cup cheerwine, 1/4 cup sundrop, 1/4 cup oj, 1/4 cup Moore's Marinade. I inject until it until it can't possibly hold another drop of liquid and let it sit in the fridge overnight.

14. hotsauce

hotsauce Newbie

Going to try that very soon!

15. pgsmoker64

pgsmoker64 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

I gotta agree with SQUIB and DS on this!  Your injection definitely made a difference in the tenderness at 180 IT.

Beautiful looking loins though!  I bet they would be fantastic on a Cuban sammich!!!!!

Nice job Ned!

Bill

16. mrad

mrad Smoke Blower

Ned

Thanks for sharing. The loin is now in vacuum sealed bag with the marinade injected.
    Can't wait until tomorrow!!!

17. mrad

mrad Smoke Blower

Ned

Thanks for sharing. The loin is now in vacuum sealed bag with the marinade injected.
    Can't wait until tomorrow!!!

18. drakethib

drakethib Newbie

Very nice. I love that bark as such.

19. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Good to see you again... those look marvelous, and the injection had some of my favs... Cheerwine , Sundrop and (I'm thinking) Orange Crush... Yummo. Gotta try that...[​IMG].

Thanks for the idea. Have fun and . . .

20. thatcho

thatcho Meat Mopper

Looks outstanding! great work