Smoked Philly Cheese Steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chef marko

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 28, 2012
Im a native so before any people from philly get on me for attempting to butcher a delicacy I have my rights!!

Tray has smoked steak plate has pan-fried. Incase my idea wasn't golden, I needed a back up to have some philly steaks. Also you gotta have the steak wit wiz! so thats whats in the yellow bowl. And friend onions, don't over cook them just a little brown you still want that onion flavor.

Breads everything if your in the south! Our water here is off so we can't find good bread try and find a baker that gets water from up there or just a good soft roll with a nice crust.

Anyway gave a good taste, would do it again if I had some extra steak. It doesn't touch Pats original though!! Oh and if your ever making some cheesesteaks you got to use the ribeye!! Thats what the originals use thats what makes it a PHILLY Cheese Steak

Looks great, I love Philly cheese steaks......... Where are the fries with old bay? A buddy at work makes those and he is from Philly and they are amazing....

I did one simlar. Not Philly, but similar. I used shaved brisket in place....... It was great.....

Ahhh Chickie and Pete crab fries!! they should of been a must even though I do prefer some good ol cheese fries. Im from south philly. Thanks for the report on that, I was wondering that earlier how it would be with some brisket. Next time I have some left over Ill have to throw together some steaks. 

Im a native so before any people from philly get on me for attempting to butcher a delicacy I have my rights!!

Tray has smoked steak plate has pan-fried. Incase my idea wasn't golden, I needed a back up to have some philly steaks. Also you gotta have the steak wit wiz! so thats whats in the yellow bowl. And friend onions, don't over cook them just a little brown you still want that onion flavor.

Breads everything if your in the south! Our water here is off so we can't find good bread try and find a baker that gets water from up there or just a good soft roll with a nice crust.

Anyway gave a good taste, would do it again if I had some extra steak. It doesn't touch Pats original though!! Oh and if your ever making some cheesesteaks you got to use the ribeye!! Thats what the originals use thats what makes it a PHILLY Cheese Steak

drool.gif
Yumm!!! I've been fiending for a good cheesesteak, I think I'll have to give it a try. How did you make the Whiz?

Yea was very please with the results! 1 lb cheddar, 1 13 oz can evaporated milk, 4 tablespoons butter,  a lil salt or hot sauce. Double boil or make sure everything is hot and it'll thicken. Wish my cold smoker was in I would of cold smoked the block of cheddar. 

Bro looks Tasty! And I am happy to hear you know Pat's is way Freakin' better than Geno's! But hey, where's the Hot Cherry Peppers?...JJ

Yea after coming to florida I learned the cold realization that they were no where around, and most imitators think some steak with melted shredded cheese is philly. 
hit.gif
. JJ good catch, I was still beating myself up for forgetting the cheese fries too! It was my supplemented thanksgiving meal since I had to work so I guess we needed some classic sides lol. Geno who? haha glad we agree pats all the way!

Made this just yesterday. Meat + homemade cheez wiz + fried onions + mushrooms + green peppers + mayo + bell peppers + hot cherry peppers + homemade hot sauce on a nice hoagie roll. And made the old bay fries as well.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky