Smoked Peanut Butter?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigdaddybison10

Original poster
Apr 30, 2017
East Chain, MN
A buddy of mine asked at a Christmas party if I had ever tried to make smoked peanut butter? Apparently it’s served well with bacon... Any one have an idea how to accomplish this feat? I’m hoping to pull it off for a New Year’s party with the same crew.

Thanks! Merry Christmas!

I would think that you would get a smoking gun and smoke a jar of it and seal it for a hour or less. Maybe mix up the peanut butter and repeat. Ive smoked some cocktails before but never anything as dense as peanut butter so nut sure how much that would make a difference....but im keeping my eye on this because that sounds awesome. Merry Christmas!!!

Reactions: bigdaddybison10
Grab a cookie sheet and some parchment paper. Spread the jars content on the paper to about 1/2" thick and put the whole deal in the smoker. Cold smoke, <90, for an hour and take a taste. Keep going until the flavor is what you want. Scrape the PB back in the jar and you are good to go...JJ

Reactions: bigdaddybison10
Were it me, I'd coat peanuts with peanut oil, then smoke the peanuts. After smoking the nuts, I'd blend them into butter.

Smoke your peanuts, then put them in the peanut butter. :oops: Sounds painful. :eek:
But could work. :rolleyes:

What happened to BigDaddyBison10?

No, I'm sorry I was not clear enough. What I meant was, don't mix them in peanut butter, make peanut butter from the smoked peanuts....homemade. Put them in a blender or food processor after you smoke them.

Last edited:
No, don't mix them in peanut butter, make peanut butter from the smoked peanuts....homemade.

Oh, OK.
I think I'll opt for some Liquid Smoke...
Cheater, cheater, punkin eater....

I made my own Onion powder. Woo wee, so good!

Mr. Big Daddy must have got stuck in his attempt. MIA

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky