Smoked peach pie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buzzy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 11, 2007
Cumberland Co. PA
E003FECD-8D47-4052-932E-B251FCB5C0B8.jpeg
E1A96100-87CD-4301-88A6-97126DE6B1EE.jpeg
Well to spin off of GaryHibbert smoked apple pie we r trying a smoked peach pie today since it’s the start of peach season here. Even though I’m using canned pie filling so let’s not nitpick. So into the smoker for around 4 hrs with AMNPS then hand off to wife to work her magic with the pie. Making for the weekend so I’ll be back a few more times

If you combine that with a buttermilk crust..I'll be on over shortly.. I might try this with pears friday to make a pear crisp or pie saturday.

4 hrs in smoker then in pie pan Then cover wirh crumble crust topping Next into the oven Has plenty of smoke flavor
1C6E852A-9E30-411A-9E1B-16C96DC80856.jpeg
271CAA9B-66BA-409C-B85C-ECFAB315B635.jpeg

An hour what I'd have gone it before you got slice Chili. And some ice along with it Ha. :D

Great job interesting post. Wasn't following this at first but you smoked the peaches then made the pie. :rolleyes:

Warren

Thanks guys! No problem holding out until the weekend. SIL is bringing homemade ice cream. I can wait just for that reason. Will have the money shots then

Looks really GOOD buzzy. I've been waiting to see what you were going to come up with. Now I gotta wait til the weekend????????
I'm with the rest--I'd have that on a plate with ice cream while it was still warm and start another one for the weekend.
BTW what wood did you use??
POINT
Gary

TomKnollRFV TomKnollRFV

Pears and Apples
First give them a bath in lemon juice
Then if going in pie I dust them with flour, if it's a tart/crisp or similar I don't bother.
Then it's brown sugar, cinnamon and maybe a little nutmeg, cloves or allspice.
Butter
And you're good to go.

If you're making pear pies, make me one with raisins, pretty please.

Gary
I used pit boss. Competition blend. It’s 50 maple then 25 each of cherry & hickory

Well here is the money shot. Took while waiting my turn for ice cream. SIL made oreo ice cream per request from daughter. It was really good. The pie was good but a little too smoked. Will cut back to 3 hrs next time. I definitely liked the apple pie over this. The cinnamon & smoke in the apple pie seemed to complimented each other. So live & learn
FA570FEB-FECF-4821-8D3E-5DE02ECCA8E9.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky