Smoked NY Roast & Grilled Roots!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Father’s Day dinner brought to you by Costco.....whole NY vac packs 8.19/lb on found a way to come home with me....seasoned it up with kinders buttery steak house & the blend and on the RT1250 @ 235 on the top shelf to it hit a IT of 130....about exactly 3 hours...

Rested and ready to slice with some grilled onion slices (same rub as the NY & rubes with classic olive)
5B4E39F2-8404-447E-A01D-C0226906062D.jpeg

Foil pack roots on the grill, kinders buttery SH, butter, & classic olive....
47045F28-A3C8-41D8-A24E-3C43C85E6606.jpeg

The slice!!! Happy thoughts!
27A0D820-397F-4C72-B115-D125C46198C2.jpeg

The plate was made up with some GR Idaho russet mash, fresh chopped herbs, & Au jus....
8BB2AC9D-8656-4A6C-B277-585A4147793F.jpeg

Pure smoked beefy money shot!
2D2AF834-6840-408E-AF70-F598D4986359.jpeg

This is a new Au Jus recipe that I have been working on due to the “inflation”. So this new version is:
3 cups beef broth
6 Tbsp soy
1 Tbsp Worcestershire
1 Tbsp better than beef base
1 Tbsp better than veg base
A sprinkle is onion & garlic powder
1 Tbsp of sugar in the raw.....
Simmer for 15-20 min....
This stuff is simple low cost and tasty! Oh and quick!

Last edited:
What can I say…. Perfect! Looks amazing and awesome Au jus recipe😃 a bit different and I love the idea!!!! I’m going to try this! Thank you!

Perfect plate !!! Great meal .👍👍👍
Thanks jaxg! It sure roped off a great weekend!
Yes, the perfect plate. Nice work and happy Father’s Day.
Thanks SE! And repeat happy Father’s Day back!
What can I say…. Perfect! Looks amazing and awesome Au jus recipe😃 a bit different and I love the idea!!!! I’m going to try this! Thank you!
Many thanks JW! Let me know what you think about the recipe, it makes a perfect French dip too..... I might be having one tomorrow....
That looks amazing. Everything looks great. The beef is perfectly red throughout. Nice work.
Thanks Sven! 235 = Uniform cook for beef!

Reactions: bauchjw
Looks like pure gold from here! Au jus = thinned out flavorful gravy! Yes, I might have issues but the only one I can think of is I don't have a plateful of that sitting in front of me! Great looking meal and hope you had a great Father's day!

Ryan

Looks like pure gold from here! Au jus = thinned out flavorful gravy! Yes, I might have issues but the only one I can think of is I don't have a plateful of that sitting in front of me! Great looking meal and hope you had a great Father's day!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan.....oh and thinned gravy sometimes just covers everything! LOL
Excellent meal!
Jim
Thanks Jim
Looks like you had a fantastic meal!
And Thanks SJim! I sure helped end the week right.

Holy cow....literally. That looks absolutely amazing. Simply a perfect cookon that roast and a beautiful meal all around. Very well done....again!!

Robert

Holy cow....literally. That looks absolutely amazing. Simply a perfect cookon that roast and a beautiful meal all around. Very well done....again!!

Robert
Thanks Robert! I'm becoming a real fan of the NY roast, its simple quick and tasty!
Oh man oh man! Looks SO GOOD! I would be in a food coma for a week.
Many thanks sandy.....Oh it is a one meal day for sure....it sure does bring chills while eating it though and in a good way!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky