Smoked Meatballs..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

keith harris

Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
Kailua Kona Hawaii
We wanted Spaghetti and meatballs yesterday so I fired up the smoker and rolled us up some and 2 hrs later here they are.

027d8a30_Meatballs2.jpg

6624de33_Meatballs3.jpg

Hey Keith those look great. I bet they were real tasty too.

Good looking meat balls. Try a lil cube of mozzarella in the middle of each ball . Then smoke and into the sauce.

I never thought to do meatballs in a smoker.  Figured they would dry out too fast. 

Meatloaf is another thing.  I've figured out the bacon weave and it keeps things moist . . . but meat balls?   Share your guidance if you will.  Thanks.

I never thought to do meatballs in a smoker.  Figured they would dry out too fast. 

Meatloaf is another thing.  I've figured out the bacon weave and it keeps things moist . . . but meat balls?   Share your guidance if you will.  Thanks.
The trick to meat balls is to not make them to big.

Never had a meat loaf dry out .I don't use the bacon weave but i do use 80 / 20 meat and make sure i have plenty of moisture in the meat to start with.

Lookin good, and a nice short smoke.

Hawaii?  No Spam? 
icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck and good smoking.
You know all of the spam we have I never thought of smoking it...... going have to give it a shot.

Good looking meat balls. Try a lil cube of mozzarella in the middle of each ball . Then smoke and into the sauce.
Now THAT sounds good.....Mahalo!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky