Smoked London Broil

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokininidaho

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 11, 2011
N. Idaho
Any tips? I've dry brined for 24 hours. Plan to smoke at 225 to 130 degrees internal temp for medium rare and slice thin against the grain. Thanks for any suggestions.

Reactions: kruizer
What cut of meat is it from,Sounds like a pretty good plan, I think I would've used a wet brine though especially if it was from the round. But that's me.

Reactions: chopsaw and phatbac
Sounds like winner to me. I think thin slice is the key to some fine tasting roast beef sammies!
Al

i would take to 125 ish and the sear at the end on a hot grill or skillet on the stove top. Gives a good texture and i love a reverse sear!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Reactions: TNJAKE and DanMcG
The term: "London Broil" is not a cut of meat, it is a form of cookery - to broil a cut of meat to a medium rare to rare doneness to improve its tenderness. It originally started with flank steak, which, when overcooked, was tough and chewy because of the long, fibrous meat fibers. But, when broiled quickly to brown the surface but leaving the inner fibers rare and undercooked, the overall effect was to improve the tenderness of the cut. Likewise, the method of cookery spread to other lean cuts such as thick-cut top round, bottom round, beef arm shoulder, shoulder clod and eye round split lengthwise, etc.,, the London Broil method of cookery applied as well, to take a less tender cut of meat, broil it rare to medium rare over high heat, slice it across the grain in thin slices and serve with its own juice.

Reactions: Steve H and DanMcG
I keep them away from the smoker. I keep LB for the grill.
I'll be watching how yours turns out.
Good luck.....

Boykjo

London Broil is a method , right ? Could be flank or round . I'm asking , not saying I know .
correct, bassically meatshops will call anything cut thicker a london broil. top london broil, shoulder london broil, pork london broil. just for examples. then cooked a certain way. pop's has covered with that.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky