Smoked Hot Beef Sandwich

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ishi

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 30, 2018
In Iowa this is what’s called a hot beef sandwich. The four major food groups are used. Meat , potatoes, gravy and bread.
I was hungry for this meal after I found a beef roast in the freezer.

The roast was smoked for two hours at 200 degrees.

D7B07E2B-4F48-41F2-A2CA-841C50F4CB73.jpeg

Then the roast was wrapped in tinfoil to fully cook.
Fresh bread was baked in the oven which permeated the whole house.

6EC2F87A-A962-49DD-899F-668B50B0BAC8.jpeg

71DD32A4-E3C9-4B3E-9BB8-C6379BDC2E7D.jpeg

Potatoes were boiled and mashed while the gravy was prepared.

All plated up nice and high with several ladles of gravy.

C43EEFC1-260C-493F-B027-D0B80656077D.jpeg

A close up pic! All that is required is a fork and steak knife and several napkins. Thanks for looking and enjoy the dish.

D875EF04-D8C0-4257-852F-3DB2B0AA20E2.jpeg

I used to eat those as a kid all the time. There was a Roast beef place just around the corner from where I worked, so we went to lunch there quite often & I'd get exactly what you made.
Nice work, it looks delicious!
Al

Reactions: Ishi
That looks great. Must be a regional thing, around these parts that would be called Roast Beef Manhattan. It is one of my favorite comfort foods, right up there with meatloaf.

Now that's a plate of heaven! Looks awesome and definitely nap time

Big like!
Ryan

Thanks to everyone for the kind words!
To everyone the keeps this forum going with tips and advice it’s much appreciated as I still have much to learn! Thanks again

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky