Smoked/Grill Mexican Road Side Chicken Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bratrules

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Southern Cali.
I love slow grill/smoked chicken and the reason i call it roadside chicken it because it always sold along road side stands in Mexico and its sold really cheap. But its the best!!!Now i marinade the chicken in fresh lime juice, orange juice, 3 cloves of pressed garlic, fresh chili powder, onion powered, and salt and pepper to taste. The chicken marinaded for about 4 hours but you can leave it over night and it will taste even better!! here are a few pics!!

I smoked/grilled the chicken on a off set char-grill smoker/grill i have. The thing is falling apart on me but it still severs its propose!! Well i banked all the coals to one side and add some hickory chunks. And i let smoke for about 2 hours at 350 or so. After that i moved the chicken directly over the coals to get some of that great chard flavor. Oh and i also grill some chili's along side to make some green salsa.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
OH YEAH!!!!! That is what I am talking about. I love grilled/smoked chicken. Would you care to share your salsa recipe with us?

Nice job on that yard bird, the el polo type is my favorite with the citrus.
points.gif
 What did you do with the neck and gizzards?

Well them neck and gizzards were a great snack!!!! As for the salsa it goes like this. I chard some Serrano chili's as you can see from the pics and i just threw those in to the blender with about 5 cloves of garlic and blend it till smooth after that i add some tomatillo about 1 1/2 cup boil them first then just blended them with the chili's and that's about it easy!!! oh don't forget to add salt to taste. oh and the salsa is going to come out kind thick so thin it out with some water. 

With all due respect... Pollo Loco ain't got nothing on you. It's all good my friend.

Great looking bird...

Also, I have had the salsa you describe. However, they added a quarter cup clear tequila, a tbs white sugar, and a tbs cpb. It's awesome! 

Also i got give a shout out to my wife cause she made the guacamole and it came out really damn good. well also cause it had some of my smoked chili's in it lol

that is one of the best looking chickens I've ever seen!  great pix, too. way prettier than pollo loco! Thanks for the salsa tips, too. Yum!

Nice job on that yard bird, the el polo type is my favorite with the citrus.
points.gif
 What did you do with the neck and gizzards?

You beat me to it again!!!!

I was gonna say, "OKay, I'm not accusing anyone, but what the hell happened to the gizzard & heart !?!?"

Beautiful chicken Brat!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky