Featured Smoked First Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MamaMac

Original poster
Jun 29, 2020
So I read, researched and jumped in this afternoon and..... smoked a meatloaf.
I used the following ingredients:
3 lbs ground turkey
1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground andouille sausage
4 eggs
1 medium white onion
3 teaspoons minced garlic
1 cup panko bread crumbs
Salt, Pepper, & parsley (eyeballed it)
3 Heaping Tablespoons of Dukes Mayonnaise

Mixed it all together and formed three small loaves.

Cooked at 225° for almost two hours
Cranked it up to 325° for 40 minutes

Removed from grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
It was AMAZING! So tender and the smoke flavor was delicious . Family tore it up.
Had sides of cheesey mashed potatoes, squash & zucchini and smoked corn
Mr. Mac and Mac Son will be enjoying a good lunch tomorrow at work.

I am SO hooked on this new toy, it has been so much fun and I am excited about cooking again!
What to smoke next....

Attachments

• 994D63DA-1EDC-4DA9-9F1C-EAE5A4F99C35.jpeg
    994D63DA-1EDC-4DA9-9F1C-EAE5A4F99C35.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 49
  • AB877509-0830-4EF0-8F71-FF0EEE082CEA.jpeg
    AB877509-0830-4EF0-8F71-FF0EEE082CEA.jpeg
    260.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 472330D5-9DA1-44D7-805C-B61D03F1D2BF.jpeg
    472330D5-9DA1-44D7-805C-B61D03F1D2BF.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 60
I love the combo of meats. Looks and sounds great. Smoked is the only way our boys will eat meatloaf.

Reactions: MamaMac
That looks great! Can't beat smoked meatloaf, just did some Sunday, courtesy of TNJAKE TNJAKE and his recipe, was long overdue and tasted great. Congrats on another carousel ride! And glad you're enjoying your new smoker

Ryan

nice smoke ring on the slices there! Sounds like you've caught the smoking bug its more addictive than crack lol try adding a little bbq rub on your loads after you form them and then brush on a little of your favorite bbq sauce in last 20 or 30 mins of the cook. I think you will like the results! What wood did you use for your smoke?

That’s a great looking meatloaf, very nicely done! I like the addition of andouille in your recipe, that’s something I gotta try.

Congrats on being featured!

Congrats on the ride MamaMac, your Loaf of Life appears to be delicious, love the recipe, Like! RAY

nice smoke ring on the slices there! Sounds like you've caught the smoking bug its more addictive than crack lol try adding a little bbq rub on your loads after you form them and then brush on a little of your favorite bbq sauce in last 20 or 30 mins of the cook. I think you will like the results! What wood did you use for your smoke?
I am currently using a fruit blend of cherry, apple and maple. It smells soooo good smoking

Reactions: Fueling Around
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky