Smoked eye of round

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I took the week off for a sanity break staycation. Of course any day it doesn’t rain that means smoking or grilling some meat. Here’s one of several projects this week. Eye of round trimmed up and injected with 60/40 blend of Minors beef broth snd Rib Rack sugar free garlic and herb marinade. I won an assorted case of Dos Pendejos rubs a few months ago so broke out a couple. Smokin it is a basic SPOG with a twist, salt is mesquite smoked. Also added some of their Mooey Especial.
EF43678D-2A04-415B-91CD-8E72EF890CCB.jpeg
Fired up the Lang with a little charcoal and rub a mix of apple and cherry wood.
04FE93E1-D2A1-40DA-B68C-7086FB243D2E.jpeg
Smoked to 140F and into the cambro for a rest before hitting the cutting board for a taste test. It coasted I’d say to 150F so a little past target temp. Still very juicy and taste is the best I’ve done. I’ll inject that blend again. The mesquite hint on the outside is perfect on the beef too.
343FEC27-FFC2-45F1-A6CD-353CDB98D236.jpeg
8D2A6485-E393-4ADC-8EC0-02CD8827BCD1.jpeg
I put it in the freezer for a bit prior to slicing then to the Chef Choice for the thin slicing.
7732C5C5-C6FB-4189-BAF6-525929BE8A7A.jpeg
Sandwich time , or in this case a nice lettuce wrap. Romaine, Swiss cheese, tomato, liberal amounts of the beef and a nice local creamy horseradish sauce. The pepperocini were the perfect accompaniment. I need to score some more deals on eye of round. This yielded about 4 1/2 lbs and won’t make it long between us, family and friends. Thanks for looking!
BCD060BE-F7BD-4550-93CC-5CDE0991CAC5.jpeg

I took the week off for a sanity break staycation. Of course any day it doesn’t rain that means smoking or grilling some meat. Here’s one of several projects this week. Eye of round trimmed up and injected with 60/40 blend of Minors beef broth snd Rib Rack sugar free garlic and herb marinade. I won an assorted case of Dos Pendejos rubs a few months ago so broke out a couple. Smokin it is a basic SPOG with a twist, salt is mesquite smoked. Also added some of their Mooey Especial. View attachment 632937Fired up the Lang with a little charcoal and rub a mix of apple and cherry wood.View attachment 632938Smoked to 140F and into the cambro for a rest before hitting the cutting board for a taste test. It coasted I’d say to 150F so a little past target temp. Still very juicy and taste is the best I’ve done. I’ll inject that blend again. The mesquite hint on the outside is perfect on the beef too.View attachment 632939View attachment 632940I put it in the freezer for a bit prior to slicing then to the Chef Choice for the thin slicing.View attachment 632941Sandwich time , or in this case a nice lettuce wrap. Romaine, Swiss cheese, tomato, liberal amounts of the beef and a nice local creamy horseradish sauce. The pepperocini were the perfect accompaniment. I need to score some more deals on eye of round. This yielded about 4 1/2 lbs and won’t make it long between us, family and friends. Thanks for looking!View attachment 632942
looks great. might have to hybrid sous vide smoke one of those and thin slice with my LEM.

Reactions: jcam222
Nice looking roast beef Jeff, and I like the idea of the lettuce roll-ups.

Point for sure
Chris

Nice work. What temp did you smoked at?
I ran around 250-275 Was cooking a few other things inside so varied some based on feeding the Lang wood. I don’t stress too much +/- 25 degrees.

Heck yes Jeff. Looks awesome. Please take my lettuce wrap and wrap that in bread lol. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing. Nice work bud

The full roast, cooked picture is perfect, and that's how I like mine sliced for sandwiches. But I need a bun wrapped around my lettuce.

very nice plate Jeff

David
Lol I ate half as a wrap. It proved a little messy so wrapped the last half in two slices of Lewis keto 5 seed bread.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Lol I ate half as a wrap. It proved a little messy so wrapped the last half in two slices of Lewis keto 5 seed bread.

Messy or not , it's still good eats. I hate that when I make a great ( big ) sandwich and the whole thing just falls apart...than out comes the fork and fingers.

But that's just me, lol

David

That’s some good looking beef Jeff and one of my favorite things once horseradish and pepperocini get involved!

I’m seeing the price of EOR starting to drop a bit, I’ll have to snag some soon for sliced beef and jerky.

I took the week off for a sanity break staycation. Of course any day it doesn’t rain that means smoking or grilling some meat. Here’s one of several projects this week. Eye of round trimmed up and injected with 60/40 blend of Minors beef broth snd Rib Rack sugar free garlic and herb marinade. I won an assorted case of Dos Pendejos rubs a few months ago so broke out a couple. Smokin it is a basic SPOG with a twist, salt is mesquite smoked. Also added some of their Mooey Especial. View attachment 632937Fired up the Lang with a little charcoal and rub a mix of apple and cherry wood.View attachment 632938Smoked to 140F and into the cambro for a rest before hitting the cutting board for a taste test. It coasted I’d say to 150F so a little past target temp. Still very juicy and taste is the best I’ve done. I’ll inject that blend again. The mesquite hint on the outside is perfect on the beef too.View attachment 632939View attachment 632940I put it in the freezer for a bit prior to slicing then to the Chef Choice for the thin slicing.View attachment 632941Sandwich time , or in this case a nice lettuce wrap. Romaine, Swiss cheese, tomato, liberal amounts of the beef and a nice local creamy horseradish sauce. The pepperocini were the perfect accompaniment. I need to score some more deals on eye of round. This yielded about 4 1/2 lbs and won’t make it long between us, family and friends. Thanks for looking!View attachment 632942
I was thinking about smoking an eye of round and using it in chili that I’m going to be working on. Has anyone tried it?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky