Smoked Duck

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shafferkoetter

Original poster
Jan 11, 2015
I am new to smoking meat, only been doing it for about 6 months.  I am currently working on smoking a duck and am just about to put it in my MES.  Please help me with the smoker temp, safe internal temp, and rough cook times.  This duck is about 5.5lbs. Also, what are some side items that go well with duck?

No problem, you'll be looking at a few hours to smoke it, but each bird or piece of meat can differ ! As far as sides, I think I'd go with a side of garlic mashed taters, a veggie & a piece of garlic toast !

Look forward to seeing your smoke !

:beercheer:

Thank you, it tasted pretty good!  Little disappointed that the smoke flavor didn't penetrate the layer of fat, but for my first time ever even dealing with duck, I think it turned out great.  Can't wait to attempt my next smoke, salmon!

I am not sure.  Again it is one of those meats that I have never eaten so I will have to look over some forums to see what the general consensus says and go from there.  All I know for sure is that I bought some cedar planks to smoke them on. 

I am not sure.  Again it is one of those meats that I have never eaten so I will have to look over some forums to see what the general consensus says and go from there.  All I know for sure is that I bought some cedar planks to smoke them on. 

I got ya, well if it helps any I done a thread a while back on some dry brined salmon.... Here's the link if you'd like to check it out, it turned out real tasty !

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/167120/smoked-salmon-dry-brined

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky