Smoked Duck and Cauliflower Soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I want to add here, You can also make this soup with left over turkey dark meat from thanksgiving. Works very well as a replacement for duck. And I have even made this soup with wild turkey legs and thighs.

I make my own Cajun Waterfowl rub and use it to season this soup. About 1/4 cup.

You can substitute 50/50 poultry seasoning and Tony's or any other cajun seasoning.

DSC02415.JPG

Thanks crazymoon, once the meat breaks up a little, most all the remaining pellets drop to the bottom anyway. Gotta be real careful with that last spoon in the pot. I pour it out on a plate and then pick the pellets out.

The soup IS good. try it with a domestic duck...

Looks real nice .. I was unsure about the outcome ... just sounded funny , but I like all the ingredients ... and it sure turned out nice ...points to for this bowl of soup ..

Dang indaswamp indaswamp ! I'm new to this forum and stumbled across this gem. I've still got a couple ducks in the freezer from my last hunt and my wife will not touch them. I've tried cooking them several different ways and none of it has been good. I'm going to try this recipe as a last ditched effort.

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky