Smoked Cuuck, My Way

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jdr37

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
Florida
A couple of years ago I read posts about smoking chuck roast. My wife said "that won't be any good   --   the only way to fix chuck is in the crock pot with veggies. Well, I tried it any way and ever since, smoked is the ONLY way we eat chuck roast!! After almost 60 years I finally got one up on the lady!!

I often read posts about how folks smoke their chuck and thought I would put my method in the pot.

I cook 3-1/2 to 4 pounders, rub with yellow mustard then dry rub with garlic powder, fajita and cajun seasoning.

Smoke at 200 to 225 for three hours then remove (usually about 135 degrees), foil and place on a grate in a pan so as not allow direct heat on the bottom of the roast, place in oven at 250 +- for about three hours to bring meat to 190 to 200. Remove and rest for 15 to 30 minutes, then open wrap and pour off the au juice, about one full cup. "Slice" roast ( it is so tender it is pulled with a knife).

Serve with whatever sides you like with au juice poured on top of the meat. Nothing better!!!   

Thanks to this forum I have become a "master" smoker!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky