Smoked Cream Cheese is SOOOOO Good!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Jun 28, 2005
Tulsa, OK

Some of you may have seen this already but for those that haven't, this is so easy to do and the return on investment is out of this world!

Lay the cream cheese on a flat cookie sheet or shallow pan and sprinkle your favorite barbecue rub all over it. I used my own original rub on one and my Texas style rub on the other one but man the possibilities are absolutely endless!

Someone commented on the video earlier that smoked cream cheese is really good with bacon jam on top.. I started drooling at the mere though😋

Once the rub is applied, set up your smoker for indirect cooking at 160-180 if possible. Unlike most cold smoking, it's good to have a little heat so the cream cheese can get all warm and gooey inside by the time it's finished smoking.

Let it smoke for about 3 hours and then dig in with some of your favorite crackers or even pretzels and chips. Life is good my friends!

Note: You can do this as high as 225 if you need to but you'll probably want to reduce the time in the smoker to only 1.5 to 2 hours if you have to go that high.

Never thought to smoke cream cheese!
How do you come up with this stuff?
Of course I will be giving it a try, especially since Judy bought a box of cream cheese yesterday for some bagels she made.
Al

Reactions: TulsaJeff
Never thought to smoke cream cheese!
How do you come up with this stuff?
Of course I will be giving it a try, especially since Judy bought a box of cream cheese yesterday for some bagels she made.
Al

Amazingly enough... it also holds it's shape really well in the heat.

Let me know what you think after you've tried it, Al.

I’ve seen this making the rounds on some of the Facebook groups and people seem to love it. I’ve not done it yet but want to try smoking some and then making a smoked salted caramel cheese cake with it. Could be awful but might be great.

I’ve seen this making the rounds on some of the Facebook groups and people seem to love it. I’ve not done it yet but want to try smoking some and then making a smoked salted caramel cheese cake with it. Could be awful but might be great.

I didn't realize it was trending like that.. I keep a notebook of ideas and I eventually get around to trying them. A lot of them are no good, but some of them are like, okay, I have to share that one😀

My next batch will include mixing in some shredded cheddar, jalapeño perhaps, onions, maybe mix the seasoning into the cheese, as you can see the wheels are still turning.

We'll see how that goes.

Well what do you think I did with it?
I SMOKED IT!!!!!
Honestly I think it would be good on a bagel too!
Gotta try this!
Al

She'll forgive you after she tastes how good it is :emoji_wink:

Amazingly enough... it also holds it's shape really well in the heat.

Let me know what you think after you've tried it, Al.

This is the part that surprises me…would have thought that cream cheese would melt into a liquified gooey mess at temps of 180-225.

Good idea…I’m definitely trying this!

Thanks Jeff! :emoji_thumbsup:

Red

Jeez Al, you didn't have to go and post this now did you? :emoji_wink: I made my first ever batch of soft pretzels day before yesterday and they came out amazingly well. Both of us and the neighbors fell all over them, especially white the white cheddar cream sauce I made to dunk them in. Gotta say though, Jeff's idea of the smoked cream cheese and yours with the pretzels has me getting ready to make a second batch. Thanks guys...I think :emoji_laughing:

Robert

I didn't realize it was trending like that.. I keep a notebook of ideas and I eventually get around to trying them. A lot of them are no good, but some of them are like, okay, I have to share that one😀

My next batch will include mixing in some shredded cheddar, jalapeño perhaps, onions, maybe mix the seasoning into the cheese, as you can see the wheels are still turning.

We'll see how that goes.
All sounds good. Heck maybe mix in onion and salmon for a Bagel spread.

Last edited:

We'll see how that goes.

I feel like the shredded cheese might make the cream cheese separate when it melts... something to keep an eye out for.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky