Smoked Chuckies vs. Smoke Briskies. Which is better?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which is better.. Chuck Roast or Brisket

• I like the Brisket better. More meat, more options

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like the Chuckie better. Less cost, great taste.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cman55

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 24, 2012
York, PA
Just asking the question folks. I've done both and oddly enough, the thin sliced chuckie seems to be a bigger hit than the briskets with my guests. The taste seems to be more beefy with the Chuckie. The Brisket, smoke ring and all, has a great taste as well and if I shaved it, might give the Chuckie a run for its money. 

When it comes to reheating it, the chuckie seems to keep its moisture better and makes a better sandwhich while the Brisket makes a better meal overall. It does seem like the chuck roast lends it self more to thin slicing than thick. The Brisket of course has the additional advantage of everyone's favorite: "Burnt ends"..

I know a lot of you guys got a lot more experience with both meats than I have and I'm really curious as to what y'all think. 

Thanks in advance!

Cman

Hello Cman.  Sounds like you answered some of the questions yourself.  I can't chose one over the other.  Each has it's own pros and cons.  It's like asking which I prefer, apple or orange?  I do prefer apples in my apple pie if you see what I mean.  
icon_biggrin.gif
  Keep Smokin!

Danny

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky