Smoked Chili Colorado

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
OFF THE HOOK JEFF. Bookmarked. Congrats on the ride, well deserved. I'll take 4. Meet at Rural King? :emoji_laughing:

Dear god man, that chili colorado and tacos look amazing and some of my favorite eats. So when does a styrofoam container show up at my place? I’ll be waiting patiently but I don’t think it’s getting past the postman.

Reactions: jcam222
Outstanding, Jeff!!!
I'd be all over that Tray, Too!!
It reminds me of the divided trays we had in the Army, except you have edible food on yours.
Nice Job!!
Like.

Bear

Looks absolutely incredible! I am making Birria tacos this weekend from a recipe I have been dying to try. A lot of similarities in what I see here. Nice work!!

This is simply stunning. Do you think you can make a big batch of sauce ahead of time and freeze? Maybe vacuum seal?
I am going to try freezing some next time. I don’t think it will be an issue.
OFF THE HOOK JEFF. Bookmarked. Congrats on the ride, well deserved. I'll take 4. Meet at Rural King? :emoji_laughing:
We can arrange that one of these times for sure!! I’m sure I’ll then go in and buy a bunch of stuff I don’t need haha

Damn Jeff, another absolutely stunning creation!! That looks amazing buddy nd congrats on the much deserved carousel ride.

Robert

That looks delicious not to mention plated awesomely in a styrofoam box! Great job!

Ryan
Haha yea it was one of about a dozen or so boxes I’ve made up to deliver to family and friends. Just had to restock a lot of my to go containers.

I'm drooling here. I'ld stand in line for some of that.
Chile Colorado is one of my favorites. And I like the idea of using smoked meat.

I am humbled. This looks more like a labor of love than a chow recipe.

Jcam; It looks better than 90% of the dishes I've paid money for.

Well done brother.

LIKE!!

That is a meal I could get right into. I can almost taste it from here.
Gary

Way to go Jeff, that chili looks fantastic.

Point for sure
Chris

Wow Jeff. You sure taking advantage of your time off! Need to take a day and go fishing!

Awesome looking meal! I wish we were neighbors :emoji_wink:

Where do I get on the friends list for a to go box? Looks great.

Jim

That right there is a thing of beauty! I could eat that almost every single day of the week. We have used smoked chuck for chili Verde and mole but haven't done Colorado yet....that will change cause I want some of that!

WOW, what a meal!!
Off the charts!
Gonna bookmark this for the next cool spell!
Al

Saved and bookmarked !
Those looking amazing Jeff and I'll cover the shipping 🤣.

Keith

Absolutely over the fence and out of the park Jeff, another stellar culinary masterpiece! RAY

Looks great. This is on my to do list. I've been doing chile Colorado on the stove top, but want to try the smoked then braised technique.

That's awesome Jeff .

Looks fire Jeff. Hell of a nice job as usual

Dear god man, that chili colorado and tacos look amazing and some of my favorite eats. So when does a styrofoam container show up at my place? I’ll be waiting patiently but I don’t think it’s getting past the postman.

Looks absolutely incredible! I am making Birria tacos this weekend from a recipe I have been dying to try. A lot of similarities in what I see here. Nice work!!

Another big WOW! Looks so good!

Damn Jeff, another absolutely stunning creation!! That looks amazing buddy nd congrats on the much deserved carousel ride.

Robert
Thanks so much for the kind words all. This really is one of my favorite meals. It’s been vetted by both my Hispanic and non Hispanic friends :) I passed out quite a few meals of it the last couple days. The smoke adds a nice element to the flavors. Next time I am going to add the liquid at 165 and leave that uncovered for an hour or so prior to covering for the braising. Also to add a bit more smokiness I am going to add a couple nice dried chile Morita peppers. I am blessed to be able to get the most amazing dried peppers locally.

Reactions: one eyed jack
The kids are visiting soon and I’ve been looking for something new for dinner and you found it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky