• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked CHEESE!! First Try!

moneymike

Smoke Blower
Joined May 31, 2013
Being this is my first try at smoking cheese I decided to do a cheddar and a pepper jack. Just pulled it out of the smoker.

moneymike

Smoke Blower
Joined May 31, 2013
I'm letting it rest overnight the vacuum sealing it. How long should I try and wait before eating?

chuckles

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 27, 2013
Don't know the answer to that question but betting it will taste great.

cohoho

Joined Nov 16, 2013
I did the same cheddar and jack pkg.on nov20 and was great Christmas Day ! Hope yours is as good as mine!!

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
I have a couple of blocks of some 4 yo cheddar that i smoked 20 months ago in the fridge still in vac seal. The longer it sits the better. Most folks say 2 weeks but i smoke enough so that i can wait 2 months before i open a block.The more it sits the more the flavor mellows

driedstick

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 3, 2011
Those look great you will love the pepperjack even more now, I just did 6lbs of it a few weeks back.

I like the brand on your cutting board.

A full smoker is a happy smoker

link

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 7, 2008
I have done Cheese now three or four times and I always wait at least 1 month before I open any of it. I have recently been shredding the sharp Cheddar and putting it in Grits. Oh man is it good! My wife keeps asking me to make Smokey cheese grits (topped with caramelized onions and mushrooms).

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.