Smoked CHEESE!! First Try!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Being this is my first try at smoking cheese I decided to do a cheddar and a pepper jack. Just pulled it out of the smoker.

I'm letting it rest overnight the vacuum sealing it. How long should I try and wait before eating?

I have a couple of blocks of some 4 yo cheddar that i smoked 20 months ago in the fridge still in vac seal. The longer it sits the better. Most folks say 2 weeks but i smoke enough so that i can wait 2 months before i open a block.The more it sits the more the flavor mellows

Those look great you will love the pepperjack even more now, I just did 6lbs of it a few weeks back.

I like the brand on your cutting board.

A full smoker is a happy smoker

Reactions: moneymike
I have done Cheese now three or four times and I always wait at least 1 month before I open any of it. I have recently been shredding the sharp Cheddar and putting it in Grits. Oh man is it good! My wife keeps asking me to make Smokey cheese grits (topped with caramelized onions and mushrooms).

Reactions: moneymike
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky