Smoked burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Paulie Walnuts 440

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 17, 2020
I was going to be smoking burgers and wanted some tips from everyone. I have cherrywood , apple, maple, and oak. I was thinking of doing oak and cherry smoked burgers. Thinking of what is a good smoke temp for the burgers. I normally do them on my weber charcoal grill and do a hot and cool zone.

I don't actually just smoke burgers, but I do add wood to the coals when grilling them on the kettle. May I suggest a change of pace. Maybe try a beer can burger. You can stuff the burger with just about anything you like and they taste great. Here's one I did from a couple of years ago. It's a pizza burger made with sausage instead of hamburger meat.

1651068819450.png

and here's a pic of it whole:

1651068925944.png

Your favorite wood will work fine. I use an indirect set-up with a 275° +/- pit temp and an indirect set-up in a kettle.

I make patties a hair less than 1/2 pound to make up for the shrink, and form them to be 6" to 7" in diameter. Cooking indirect, my first flip is after about 15 minutes. The next flip is 10 to 15 minutes later unless the internal goes over 155°. A third flip is usually not needed as I go by internal temp.

Reactions: Paulie Walnuts 440
I just run the smoker at 225 like I normally do and generally add a slice of cheese near the end. You can run the smoker at a higher temp for less time but that also means less time in the smoke as well

Like said above , what ever wood you really like, would be fine for smoke.
I did a party burger with mesquite at 325deg. for 25 minutes. but it was a little thick.

25.JPG

24.JPG

So yes you can smoke burgers , and enjoy the wood smoke of your liking

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky