Smoked Brussels Sprouts Stalk

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sven Svensson

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 5, 2021
Sonoma County, California
When my wife agreed to our New Year’s Eve menu she told me I have include some kind of healthy veg to balance out everything else I was making. Awhile back I saw something that inspired me and as I was shopping I just happened across a giant full stalk of Brussels sprouts. So I took the liberty of making some additions while trying to keep it simple. In most of the nooks and crannies I jammed in some freshly cured bacon I had yet to smoke/cook. I picked a couple of fresh lemons from our tree and made small wedges and crammed those in as well. I gave it a coating of olive oil and the same beef rub I sued on the ribeye roast. Into the smoker it went with the other goodies. When the roast was done I foiled it up and brought it inside. I cranked up the smoker to 375 and I finished cooking the sprouts. It turned out fantastic and was a very fun new veggie to make.

41A20D0E-0228-4DAB-824A-082B724A874A.jpeg
Lots of bacon cubes and lemon wedges stuffed everywhere I could. You can almost see the healthy Brussels sprouts if you look hard enough.

FFE1FA9C-CAA9-4114-B23C-475B07EEE0EC.jpeg
Into the smoker with the ribeye roast and the bowl of onions with a bit of rendered beef fat.

ED9C4C23-393A-4ED1-BB8D-EEB990F2ACAD.jpeg
Put the sprouts on the plate with the ribeye to make it all look more healthy.

Nice job on the sprouts. They look beautiful. I did some like that a couple years back and people were amazed. Alot of trouble though lol

Nice looking meal . Love Brussels sprouts . They used to sell the whole stalks here , but haven't seen them in years .

Great looking meal! I love Brussels sprouts as well. Had them on Christmas. Halved with salt pork and fresh lemon juice. I've only had them on a stalk a couple times. Never smoked it though. Great idea. And it looks awesome.

What an idea, we eat Brussel sprouts at least once a week . We get them on stalks in the spring and I will try to remember this, good luck with that. Great idea.

Very cool idea! We’re big Brussels sprout fans, but normally do hollandaise sauce or just EVOO S&P. Thank you for sharing this part of your epic meal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky