Smoked Brisket...FINALLY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Absolutely amazing meal. Smoked scalloped potatoes sound great. And I know I've heard of tomato pie. But have yet to try it. Huge like!

Now that's a fine meal and a great cook !
I'm in the south and love tomatoes but never heard of a pie. Now that's a must try for sure ! Thanks for sharing!

Man that’s just awesome start to finish!! Glad you finally got some time to cook. LOVE the blend of cheeses you selected for the potatoes. It’s all great but I especially like your take on the poppers as well as tomato pie. It’s on my short list of things to keto up yet this summer. Super nice job man!!

WOW that all looks fantastic! Amazing cook!
Absolutely amazing meal. Smoked scalloped potatoes sound great. And I know I've heard of tomato pie. But have yet to try it. Huge like!
Now that's a fine meal and a great cook !
I'm in the south and love tomatoes but never heard of a pie. Now that's a must try for sure ! Thanks for sharing!
That’s a nice feast right there!
Guys, I really appreciate the kind words, they mean a lot.

Wow! That's a great looking feast! Nice job on all of it! Tomato pie is new to me also but sounds good!

Ryan

Thanks for the "heads up". I wouldn't have thought about that!
We have a glass one....
Tomato pie is best prepared and eaten the same day which may make the whole pie pan thing irrelevant, the crust will get soggy if not...
Man that’s just awesome start to finish!! Glad you finally got some time to cook. LOVE the blend of cheeses you selected for the potatoes. It’s all great but I especially like your take on the poppers as well as tomato pie. It’s on my short list of things to keto up yet this summer. Super nice job man!!
Jeff, thank you. I'm always looking for something a little different when it comes to poppers. The tomato pie is really easy especially with store bought uncooked pie crust. I use Pillsbury Premade Refrigerated Pie Crusts. The crust can be pre-baked and then filled or filled and then baked. I'm always changing things up when it comes to the tomatoes, filling, cheese combination, etc. One key when using certain tomato types is to try and get out the seeds if possible, that will remove much of the moisture, but not absolutely necessary. Meatier varieties are fine just as they are.

Reactions: 912smoker
Wow! That's a great looking feast! Nice job on all of it! Tomato pie is new to me also but sounds good!

Ryan
Ryan, thank you and give tomato pie a try. It's best with heirloom home grown tomatoes. It's easy to make and there's a bunch of recipes online and it's easily changed up to suit your tastes.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky