• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked BonelessTurkey Breast

scotty's bbq

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 26, 2006
I would like to smoke a boneless turkey breast...has anyone tried one? I've done chicken pieces, whole chickens, & whole turkeys, but not boneless. What have your experiences been like?

Thanks!!

flash

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 30, 2007
Love them. Only way to do white meat. Since it is just the wife and I, this is perfect for Thanksgivings. About 45 minutes a lb. Or go off the digital temps. Just spice it up and put some hickory wood on the fire and let it go.

jts70

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 12, 2007
Brine it! Brine it! Brine it! Brine it! Oh did I mention brine it!

teacup13

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 22, 2007
i think he forgot to mention that you should brine it.....lol

brine it,rub it or you could wrap in bacon it you wish as well..

scotty's bbq

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 26, 2006
I brine all poultry too...how long do you brine a boneless turkey breast? 4-6 hours or longer??

flash

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 30, 2007
I have never brined any of the turkey breast we have done. Just didn't seem to need it. Always moist and juicy. Could it be better brined, possibly. But if you marinaded it, why bother? I always worried about getting rid of the excess salt. I don't need any of that in my diet nowadays.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.