Smoked Bologna Day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Got a small 2.5lb chub from Boones butchers. Beef and pork.

boly.jpg

Going with this for the rub.
boly1.jpg

boly2.jpg

On the Bronco, using up the rest of the B&B charcoal. (not as good as they were)
boly3.jpg

225* for about 3 hrs. Have two palm size hickory chunks in there.
boly4.jpg

BBL

Now that's a thing of beauty !
Love some smoked bologna for sure !
Great color and I've been wanting to try that rub .
What are your thoughts on the rub ?

Keith

Looks great, I now slice it 3/8" thick a shot of any oil spray and a shake of rub, onto the pellet smoker at lowest setting, 1-2 hours pull it, vac into weekly amounts. I love the all over smoke not just a taste around the edge.

Reactions: 912smoker
Looks great . I've been wanting to try a whole chub .
My Dad used to slice , grill and char some Maull's BBQ sauce on it .

Points for a food related threads that's not 10 years old .

I keep forgetting to do this. One of these times I’ll throw one in with other stuff. I love a good bologna sandwich. On the B&B Lump it’s been my go to for a couple years. While I still find no scrap I’ve noticed a lot more fines and small pieces overall. They were bought out last year I believe.

I used to get the BarS chubs at kroger but not seen them in while.

Thanks y'all

Very nice! Got the gears turning.....it's been awhile since I've done one of those 🤔

I smoke a 6.5 lb chub for family events. I use a modified mcilhenney-plantation rub. Here is the original recipe, use 1/2 the salt and add some cayenne and chipotle pepper. mcilhenney-plantation rub Smoke at 250-275F for 3 hours or so.
I just saw a video on Youtube about making a bologna blossom. This is next on my list.

RG

Reactions: TNJAKE
Looks good Rick. We love the stuff and friends request it all the time
Well you guys have finally done it. Finished prepping another 10 lbs of jerk pork jerky to dehydrate tomorrow. Have several chucks, some cross cut and whole short ribs to smoke. May as well add the two bologna chubs I just went and grabbed lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky