Smoked blue crab for a snack.

Discussion in 'Non-fish Seafood' started by junkers88, May 2, 2011.

1. Ran past the local Talin market and they had some blue crab that looked ok so we grabbed a couple and zipped home to start the smoker.

While we were waiting on the pit to heat I chilled the little guys, pulled the tops off of them and split em.

[​IMG]

Got them on the pit with a veggie fattie (more like flattie) that I made for her to take to work next week.

[​IMG]

Things were going well until the snow started, can't really see it here but it came down in a hurry.

[​IMG]

Off the pit.

[​IMG]

My lady enjoying a glass of wine and some crab snacks.

[​IMG]

Next is going to be some oysters, steamed clams (yes on the smoker) and I'm hoping some larger crab.

What a great way to spend a day.

2. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Whhhooaaaa!!!!

Real nice....

And food looks great too!!!!

Craig

3. *laugh* Thanks!!

4. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Very Nice, Junkers ! ! ! !

I got a scary story about crabs, but I won't bore anybody with it today.

Bear

5. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Now the girlfriend looks great and the crabs look alright too. Now when your at your fish monger's you should try the smoked lobsters. I did some whne I was in New Jersey and they are really really good. Just hit thme with a hammer and crack the shells so the smoke can get in. Then smoke for about 45 minutes @ 250°ish.

6. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Yea we are all looking at the crabs aren't we!

7. Oh.... well maybe putting a picture of my little 5' tall 112lb gym queen wasn't the best way to show case the meal but she is a part of this. Just wait till summer finally hits and we do our once a month bikini cook out. Now THAT makes for some nice pictures of the.. um.... food? 

8. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    One picture??

I see 2 of her!!

hahahhahahaha

Craig

9. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Cant wait for the summer Qview. Crab looks good.

10. hardslicer

hardslicer Smoking Fanatic

that's one heck of a snack!

11. *laugh* I'd post up a better picture of her but then ya'll would all have to do the same for your "smokin ladies".

12. the dude abides

the dude abides Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I'll reserve my comments about your lovely.

Did you say SNOW in New Mexico in May?

13. fife

fife Master of the Pit

[​IMG]Food does as well.

14. Yes indeed. Temp dropped to 30 and we had snow, it killed my pit temps in a damn hurry. Today was better we had 34 degrees at wake up and it's now 50. And here I thought my lady and I would be on the Harley by this time this year. Oh well.... more time for hot tea and the smoker!

15. This is what we usually do in the snow. [​IMG]

16. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Not fair!

Mrs Bear still looks pretty good to me (at 63), but you couldn't get her in a Bikini with a stick!

Bear

17. I know for a fact that at 63 my lady will look as good to me as yours does to you. And at that age we'll still be fishing, hunting, grilling and loving life like we did this weekend. I tell you this honestly. I HOPE that my lady stays with me for the next 40 years, I can just imagine the tales your lady could tell of you about the last 20 years or so. Talk about a great night around the pit...."Mrs. Bear tell me about the time Mr. Bear went to the river when the shad were running, said he had a great idea for catching some for roe....".

18. you are a vietnam vet and you only have one scary crab story lol. food looks great man

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  19. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Pug? I like this already. 

20. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Smoking on a apartment balcony.......whatch out for Bear!  "Inside Joke" 

Last edited: May 5, 2011