Smoked beer can chicken with GRAVY!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lisa cruisngrrl

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 5, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Smoked beer can chicken, made smoked gravy from the chicken drippings. First time I've made gravy from smoked meat drippings. Normally would put it on something different than rice but there was a timing issue. The gravy was very tasty and the chicken tender. The chicken was on the smoker longer than expected because we were out for an appointment that ran longer than expected but in trying to keep the smokers temp low (it had shot up to 350f), I was aiming for 250) it accidentally went out while we were at our appointment, wasn't a complete failure because the temp of the chicken got above 185f and didn't get over cooked.

Filling the chimney
d3594063ce45ab4173bbbea401a1e28b.jpg

Just a plain BBQ sauce and some slices to the skin.
8600d3d8b3f833bf74bd667eeb4d6f47.jpg

Couldn't find my phone when we took the chicken off the smoker, but found it after starting to carve the chicken.

348a8753ba03980eab27741beeac0e73.jpg

Normally rice wouldn't be the first choice but timing was off due to the appointment
34a230accedb5b5f03051e2e32dbc98c.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky