Smoked bacon wrapped whitetail backstraps.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bassthumb32

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 11, 2017
Spring Run, PA
My 12 year old boy got a deer 2 weeks ago and I got a chance to smoke the backstraps today. They were incredible super tender and moist. I cooked them at 250 to an internal temp of 145.
B5qVwj8.jpg
oel0PhF.jpg
HfdxpTp.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Nice job teaching him to hunt congrats to both of you,making times that will always be remembered.The straps look great I haven't hunted in 12 years or more. Points
Richie

Reactions: bassthumb32
Looks awesome! I did a back strap fatty tonight. Stuffed with onions, sharp cheddar cheese, peppers and of course Jeff’s original rub! Turned out great. Good job and congrats to your boy!

Man, that bacon looks way way way way underdone to me. I would have been looking at my Dad like, I love you but....dude.

Man looks good, but I'd add Memphis dry rub to it also. It's getting to be Memphis dry rub or old bay to me are like a sailor and Ketchup.

Man I got too many back straps in the freezer, I have to fix that now. You made me hungry. ;)

Congrats to your boy, was it is first? Pictures? Every deer is a trophy when your young.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky