Smoked bacon wrapped chicken breasts.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Found this interesting recipe yesterday. And since we already had a value pack of chicken in the fridge to make chicken Devan for dinner. And freeze the rest of the meat. I decided to give this a shot.
This morning I trimmed 4 pieces of chicken breast:
P4220534.jpg

Put them in a brine with kosher salt and brown sugar for three hours.
P4220535.jpg

Then wrapped with thick cut bacon. And some spices.

P4220537.jpg

Then into the charcoal smoker for almost 4 hours at 225 degrees with apple chips. Pulled at 150 degrees.

P4220540.jpg

Then put in broiler to crisp up the thick cut bacon. At 165 degrees pulled and let it rest for 10 minutes.

P4220542.jpg

Final product. This picture wasn't very good. But the chicken was very moist with a great smokey taste.

P4220543.jpg

Well some people would surely call all that bacon goodness a "sin", but not me. Looks great and congratulations on making the carousel ! ! !

Reactions: Steve H
Geeze just what I need another reason to eat bacon. Those breasts look fantastic.

Point for sure.

Chris

Reactions: Steve H
Looks and sounds great!!
I'll be giving that a try. Any special or non-standard poultry spices??
POINT
Gary
Sorry for the late response. Been busy! Here is what I used. I found this on this site. And it works great with the chicken and beef I've used so far.

SPG (Our Standard Seasoning)

2 Tbsp Coarse ground Black Pepper

1 Tbsp Course Salt (non iodized)

1 Tbsp Granulated Garlic

1 Tbsp Paprika

1 Tbsp Dill Seed, ground

1 Tbsp Ground Coriander

2 Tsp Crushed red Pepper flakes

Mix together and store in a shake container

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky