Smoked apples.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Will Squared

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 24, 2020
There are too many pages to search here...

Anyone have good luck with apples?

I just restored an old Aebleskiver and was thinking about apples for a center of the balls.
Then I was thinking of smoking the apples to make a sauce of sorts...
using apple chips...

Anyone else smoke apples?

Here ya go

Chris

• Love
Reactions: Will Squared
had to look that up lol Aebleskiver - a Danish dessert, like doughnut holes, but sweeter and much better traditionally served with glogg during the Advent. Cooked in a cast iron
why not just bake them in the smoker instead of just doing the apples?

Check out a thread by our good friend chilerelleno chilerelleno He recently posted some apples that looked absolutely to die for!! You'll see an index of his cooks in his signature line and you should be able to easily locate the apple thread. Good luck!!

Robert

• Love
Baked Apples are very good choice easy to make

• Love
had to look that up lol Aebleskiver - a Danish dessert, like doughnut holes, but sweeter and much better traditionally served with glogg during the Advent. Cooked in a cast iron
why not just bake them in the smoker instead of just doing the apples?

Well I dug 4 cast iron pieces out from behind the shop and let them pickle in vinegar and got a good season on them. Turn out the Aebelskiver was my wife's as a Bridesmaid gift like 42 years ago !
The 14" skillet came out beautiful and so did the griddle.

I plan on using my 560 to smoke the aebelskiver balls.
The apple is for the filling.
I plan on making a sauce to spoon in just before I close up the ball.
I am going to experiment on grill/smoking some Fuji's for this.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky