Smoked and dehydrated

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

siege

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 16, 2015
Southeast Idaho
My son bought a Buffalo hot wings jerky mix at a booth at the state fair last month. Since he was coming over to help me install a new sink, we got a 10# batch of jerky started, so it could run while we worked. We used 90/10 ground beef, extruded through the Jerky Cannon. Ran smoke setting on the Pit Boss burning competition blend pellets for 30 minutes, then brought it in . Dried for 4 1/2 hours at 165 degrees in the LEM. Cooled to room temp and vacuum sealed. It turned out great. ( So did my new sink =)...…) It's a pleasure to have a sink big enough for racks, grates, stock pots, etc.
He's going to be the office hero on Monday.
IMG_20191005_210307.jpg
IMG_20191005_230851.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky