Smoked a few chicken 1/4's last Night

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rp ribking

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 29, 2009
Northern, Indiana
Smoked $5.00 worth of 1/4's last night (they were on sale). Used up the last of the blue bag. Put a chunk of pecan on for the smoke. This is my new favorite wood. Put honey bbq sauce on the top ones and left the bottom ones with just a rub. Thanks for lookin'.
090a6039_000_0430.jpg
56eb0655_000_0431.jpg
84529b74_000_0432.jpg

Looking very tasty Mr Smith!!!

I hadn't seen a 22.5 WSM in person til last weekend...

Those things are HUGE!!!

Craig

Last edited:
quarters look great and so does the inside of that smoker. Nice and seasoned

Very nice job! I'm getting hungry for some ChickenQ, like everybody else!

What was your seasoning and sauce/glaze selection?

Smoked $5.00 worth of 1/4's last night (they were on sale). Used up the last of the blue bag. Put a chunk of pecan on for the smoke. This is my new favorite wood. Put honey bbq sauce on the top ones and left the bottom ones with just a rub. Thanks for lookin'.
090a6039_000_0430.jpg
56eb0655_000_0431.jpg
84529b74_000_0432.jpg

Looking very tasty Mr Smith!!!

I hadn't seen a 22.5 WSM in person til last weekend...

Those things are HUGE!!!

Craig

They're huge! Growing up, I'd seen my uncle Einar using his 18.5 WSMC, and I thought my 22 would be just like his, but wider, but Weber really upped the dimensions overall. When I went down to UPS to collect mine in boxed form, I parked my truck at the back of the lot thinking I could carry it easily- Whoops!

Last edited:
Nice looking legs you got there sir
biggrin.gif
 , love chicken quarters they are my favorite way to cook chicken.

Looking great man. Love chicken almost any way you cook it

I have been wanting to try pecan. Is it a mild wood? I usually use hickory, apple, or cherry and I have been wanting to try some other woods.
Hawk, Pecan is I think kind of a strong wood like hickory, that is why I only used 1 chunk about 3"x 5". I have been mixing hickory and pecan for butts.

quarters look great and so does the inside of that smoker. Nice and seasoned

Yes, the inside of smoker has a nice layer on it, only took 9 months.

Very nice job! I'm getting hungry for some ChickenQ, like everybody else!

What was your seasoning and sauce/glaze selection?

They're huge! Growing up, I'd seen my uncle Einar using his 18.5 WSMC, and I thought my 22 would be just like his, but wider, but Weber really upped the dimensions overall. When I went down to UPS to collect mine in boxed form, I parked my truck at the back of the lot thinking I could carry it easily- Whoops!
I used McCormicks Montreal Chicken seasoning and Grill Mates Roasted garlic and herb 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky