Smoke tube won't stay lit in my MES

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm a fan of Lumberjack BBQ Pellets, but really, any thing will burn well if you set things up right short of some thing having gone truly wrong with the process.

There is clearly what I consider 'budget' or low quality baseline pellets. IE: Pitboss.

Then you get into 'gourmand' level of pellets, which are pure apple wood, etc etc. Alot of 'applewood' pellets are infact, a low apple, high Adler blend. Does it make a major difference? I don't honestly think it does, but I still prefer the pure apple pellets because I know what they actually are, vs a blend.

In the end, every one has their own favourite brand, and no one brand is the right one. You might have a local producer that no one else has heard of, and they might be just right for you. You might import pellets <Well not likely, but hey>.

Just remember with pellets, BBQ pellets and fuel pellets are not interchangable. If you use hardwood fuel pellets in BBQ, you might end up in the hospital.

Oh and if you ever get into bacon, corn cob pellets are a thing, they're infact, amazing. Just make sure you get pure corn cob pellets. Funnily enough you'll find them in horse bedding. But it's all natural and great for bacon. <I also like it for any pork, but it's a bit strong for chicken if you have to make every one happy.>

Since we have established that the A Maze N tube and pellet tray are far superior to the LIZZQ and other knock offs, what brand pellets do you all consider to be the best and far superior to other brands out there?

For me...whatever is 100% real wood.As long as its dry and stored properly I use what ever is available.

Reactions: TomKnollRFV
Todd at A-MAZE-N runs frequent Specials, like % off or free shipping. He is willing to make Bulk deals and has thrown in samples to try...JJ

I want to do a shout out to Jonok who has helped me modify my MES 30. It appears that the reason my smoke tube was going out is because it was not getting enough oxygen. I installed the custom made mod package from Jonok and now my smoker tube stays lit.

Reactions: tallbm
I want to do a shout out to Jonok who has helped me modify my MES 30. It appears that the reason my smoke tube was going out is because it was not getting enough oxygen. I installed the custom made mod package from Jonok and now my smoker tube stays lit.

Wow, You must have really had a problem.
I never heard of anybody not having enough air flow for an Amazing Tube.
The Tube is what people go to when they're at 6000', without much Oxygen.

What is your elevation?

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky