Smoke Therm Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

berrya

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 27, 2017
Indiana
I forgot my Thermo Works dual meat therm and am smoking a pork butt today. I made a trip to Wal-Mart and got an Expert Grill Insta Therm and a Pro Grade Grilling Wifi Grill Therm... Has anyone used either of these? How is the accuracy?

Thank you

I would test the thermometers. Boil water and stick probes in should be around 212 depending on where you live. Sea level will change the boiling point of water.

Never used either but you can test them.

Boil some water and when boiling put the probes in the water and they should read 212F.
You can also do ice cold water too for the bottom mark which should be 32F.

If it doesn't hit the number then see by how many degrees the temp is off and you will no know how accurate your probes are.

So if they measure 211F instead of 212F at boiling then you know you are low 1 degree.
So everytime you take a measurement or read the thermometer add 1 degree to get the correct temp.

If it measures 214F in boiling water then you are 2 degrees over. So you would subtract 2 from your readings.

Pretty simple. Do this and you can rock on from there :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky