Smoke & Spice Book

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ryanje

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
Hey All,

Anyone else have the Smoke & Spice book?

It seems that their cooking times are all extremely short, they use 200-220 degrees for almost everything, but the times seem way low.

Anyone know why?

I have the book and have made quite a few recipes from it - My SmokinTex only goes up to 250 so I never paid any attention to the fact they recommend 220 as that is about where I smoke anyway - usually 225-230 - they do have some good recipes - try the jalopeachy sauce

cool.gif

Now I don't have the book but when I use a recipe and it says to smoke it this long at this temp. That's where I stop reading for I know how to smoke things. They cann't show me much on that subject. But the other parts of the recipe I'm willing to listen or read.

My kids bought me this book 2 years ago.  I love it filled with great recipes but I agree with Mark I know how to smoke.  My food is ready when my temp is right.

I have this book - some of the recipes in the book are good.  I dont pay much attention to the cook times - everyone's smoker is different.

I agree with the above statements. I like the book and my faimly loves the black sauce. Pretty darn good IMHO.

Most of my sauces and experiments have their origins from that book .

I have this book and have made many of the recipes from it over the years.  I find that my GOSM takes longer than most of their times but that is also true of several other smoking cookbooks that I have.

Scott

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky