Smoke Box

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerlover

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
N.W. PA
I've seen posted - ways for a smoke box other than the one that came with my GOSM. It doesn't seem to produce enough smoke. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

What do you concider enough smoke? If you can smell it its enough. If you are talking about diffrent wood containers some use coffee cans and others use pie pans as alternate wood containers. I belive someone uses a old cast iron skillet. Go to the propane smoker forum and do a search, It has been covered with pictures.

Check this out.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ead.php?t=1923

I use an 8" x 8" or so baking pan and ti works great fill it up and chips will last between 1 to 3 hours. and for low temp smokes move it down closer to the fire

i use the gosm chip box without the lid and keep swapping in fresh chip pouches....i use alum. foil packets filled with soaked woodchips..i put in a few holes with a fork or toothpick..each pouch lasts about an hour on low...

Buy yourself an inexpensive cast iron skillet. take it tou your local machine chop and have them cut the handle off. It should work for you. If you have access to someone who cuts wood, you can have them cut wood "biscuits" for you. they a similar to hockey pucks, but larger. Those work out well for me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky