Smoke Boneless "Pre-Cooked/Smoked" Ham a couple days before Thanksgiving

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokeemhog67

Original poster
Nov 24, 2013
Hey All...

I am needing to smoke about 6-8 Boneless "Pre-Cooked/Smoked" Hams a couple days before Thanksgiving, and than was planning on re-heating in the oven before serving. 

Any tips? I was planning on using either Apple or Cherry wood, or should I choose another?

Will the Ham stay good if I smoke it and than place in the cooler for a couple of days?

Any help will be great.

I dont have alot of experience smoking hams so i cannot speak to what woods are best but i would think you would be ok with anything light...like a fruit wood or oak.

As for storing, i would feel better about putting them in the fridge but i understand that is alot of space required in a fridge. i'm sure if you wrap in a foil tray and put foil over top to avoid the water from the melting ice getting onto and into the meat y ou'd be fine as long as you keep draining the melted ice water and re-apply ice to keep the temp down you would be OK

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky