SMF Push Pin Map

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nope, it's not you. Used to be you just clicked on the map and it would ask you what marker you wanted to place. Won't do it anymore for some reason.

That's a really pretty boat.

At the moment I have a little orphaned Catalina 22 a buddy and I got for free from a lady moving out west. It had sat for a number of years and was full of rain water, but is in pretty decent shape. It started out as a one day project, that has morphed into a "One day......" project. As in, we'll get to it one day....

Only major item really left is to install a new keel cable. Easy enough, but it requires lifting the boat about a foot off the trailer. Again, easy enough, just one of those things that keeps getting put on the back burner.

When I coined the name "Mdboatbum", I was living aboard an old tub of a Columbia 8.3 meter. Great boat, which I got rid of in favor of a Columbia 9.6 meter. Another great boat, but we didn't "click". Always regretted getting rid of the 8.3, and it's predecessor, my very first sailboat, a Columbia 8.7.

I've since moved ashore, but spring and sailing weather is just around the corner and distant shores are calling. As soon as i get to that damn keel cable. And the wiring. and re-sewing the mainsail cover. And the new impeller for the outboard. And new bearings and tires for the trailer. And the......oh well, I'll get to it one day....

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky