SMF members best Rub 2023?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well I have been using the rub Brian bmudd14474 bmudd14474 made & gave out at the S. Fla. Gathering. It really is the best rub I have had. If Brian enters, you guys may have to step up your game!
Al

Reactions: JLeonard
Had an idea and I wanted to get some feedback. With the upcoming N Fl Gathering I was thinking if anyone wanted to thru their rub into a contest for best SMF member rub 2023 then you could send some to me and I would cook up something with all the entries and have the members attending vote for the rub they like the best.

Anyone interested? Thoughts?
Hey brian,,
I'm glad you posted this. back at the S Florida gathering i got 2nd in the rib competition. Part of the award was a packet of rub that I don't know the source or flavor. I've kept it sealed until i can figure out the "flavor", as to plan a smoke around it. I don't know who was in charge of awards, just taking a stab to see if you recognize it. If not, no biggie, I'll just cut and taste then try and reseal
IMG-4403.jpg
l, to not lose flaor. thanks
john

Last edited:
hey Al,
Was it this rub? I need a flavor diagnosis to plan a cook with it.
thx
johnView attachment 661846

Yea that’s it John. It works on pork & chicken really well. Never tried it on beef. There is a distinct flavor that isn’t present in any other rub I have tried. Plus it’s powdered so it immediately soaks into the meat.
Al

Yea that’s it John. It works on pork & chicken really well. Never tried it on beef. There is a distinct flavor that isn’t present in any other rub I have tried. Plus it’s powdered so it immediately soaks into the meat.
Al
bueno..... garcias.... might just have to break the seal.

Reactions: SmokinAl
OK so we are going to put the rub on country style ribs for the tasting. So we will need enough for 3-4 ribs. If you want to enter send me a PM and ill get you the address to send it to and we will need it to arrive by 4/19/2023.

I have sent PM's to a few that had expressed interest. If you want to enter let me know and ill PM you the address to mail it to.

Reactions: civilsmoker
Well I have been using the rub Brian bmudd14474 bmudd14474 made & gave out at the S. Fla. Gathering. It really is the best rub I have had. If Brian enters, you guys may have to step up your game!
Al
I wasn’t very impressed with it when I had it but as we know everyone likes different things. It is ground very fine so that helps with coverage.

I wasn’t very impressed with it when I had it but as we know everyone likes different things. It is ground very fine so that helps with coverage.
Brian sent some up to me... we really liked it! It's good stuff!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky