Smash Burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
That talk about a griddle this week got me hungry for smash burger. Man those so good I love a smoked burger but hardly do anymore.

20200522_180028.jpg 20200522_184407.jpg 20200522_185239.jpg

I like both, just depends on a)what I’m in the mood for. b) amount of time I wish to invest. And c) is it raining? There is more than one way to skin a pork shoulder and more than one way to make a hamburger. If it tastes good and doesn’t make you sick they’re all the right way. Let’s do our best to maintain the awesome culture here by sharing and learning and commiserating with each other with decency and respect.

Reactions: cornman
I see a lot of the cheerleaders on here congratulating someone on a burnt set of ribs or an over cooked brisket. If you can't handle the truth then maybe a website is where you need to be.
Complimenting someone on a burnt set of ribs might be the push they need to continue the hobby versus tearing folks down. Try encouraging someone instead of saying "my way is the best and if you dont agree you must not be an American "

Complimenting someone on a burnt set of ribs might be the push they need to continue the hobby versus tearing folks down. Try encouraging someone instead of saying "my way is the best and if you dont agree you must not be an American "
There is a reason I joined this forum and not others. Tearing someone down does what exactly? This forum has always had a level of decorum and decency that I appreciate. Sure, someone just starting out might post something that didn’t come out right. That takes balls. The kind, reassuring culture here encourages them to try again. We celebrate success rather than berate failure here. Next thing you know, a couple years later, those same people are helping those that are coming up behind. How awesome is that???

There is a reason I joined this forum and not others. Tearing someone down does what exactly? This forum has always had a level of decorum and decency that I appreciate. Sure, someone just starting out might post something that didn’t come out right. That takes balls. The kind, reassuring culture here encourages them to try again. We celebrate success rather than berate failure here. Next thing you know, a couple years later, those same people are helping those that are coming up behind. How awesome is that???

Preach! Appreciating and having folks share is the way to go. That way we all share and can learn through what we see and read. There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism (sp?) but we shouldn't degrade. This is all fun and love seeing everyone else wanting to share and enjoy. That being said, I just like burgers with cheese on them ;)

Reactions: lancep
Looks delicious. Smashburgers on the griddle beat a grilled burger hands down
For store bought ground beef try this Jake.
Freeze one cube of butter then grate half a cube into a bowl, mix it into your ground beef then hand form your patties. Get the griddle nice and hot 375-450* basically high heat, toss a patty onto the griddle or C.I. pan and smash it down good and let if form a good crust. Cook for 3 minutes sprinkle some black pepper and Lowery's seasoning salt, than flip and cook for 2 to 4 minutes depending on how done you like you burgers.

Tryst me on this one I know my way around a burger........freak'in love butter burgers, they rock.

Good luck.
Dan.

Reactions: TNJAKE and Blues1
I have had "some" luck with making both. I will smash in the CI (Blackstone coming in next week, yay) and once I have flipped over and see a good outer crust, I will toss onto my screaming hot grill. I don't flip on the grill, I have lost a few that way, but it only takes a minute or two to get the grease from the bottom of the patty to drip into the fire and produce tastiness.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky