Small smoke today (well for me anyway)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
Connecticut
After a two week hiatus from smoking due to my drive through one of the prettiest states Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve ever seen (Vermont) I am doing a small smoke - Only three racks going today in my Smoke Chef. It looks naked!

I started with a 12 pound brisket, trimmed at least 4 pounds of fat off and bagged some of the better fat for sausages. That sounds weird for a fat hater now doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t it? Washed it up real good and added some plain rub (garlic, onion, Cajun spice, paprika, mustard, chilli powder) about 2 pm.

Cleaned up a small 8 pound butt rubbed with yellow mustard, same rub, through in on at 2:30pm.

Cleaned up two small chucks marinated in soy sauce, garlic, onion, ginger, brown sugar and Cajun spice (I know I canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t get away from the stuff). Sprinkled more spices just before throwing it in the smoker.

Split open 4 hot JD fatties (I really like the hot ones) added high temperature cheddar, diced taters, diced red and green peppers. Mixed it up and made two Mega fatties. They look like meat loafs!

More to come ...
71be2451_vbattach12830.jpg

04387d52_vbattach12831.jpg

a3135eb4_vbattach12829.jpg

looks good there debi. and your right that is a small smoke for you but it still makes my meatloaf look like a burger

I'll trade some big meats for a hunk of that meatloaf honey! I LOVE meatloaf! Although I haven't done teriyaki i awhile it was real good.

Gorgeous smoke Debi. Had to fully engage my automatic drool control to save my keyboard from damages. Your photos are top notch also.

OKay ega fatties are done. That pan ther're on is a 12" pizza pan. The diced taters are nice and soft and the cheese is intact. I still don't know what they do to make the cheese hold up in the smoker.

MAN IS IT POURING! my shelter hides the smoker but my roof drips right down my back! Ah well I'm smokin'!
679a29f4_vbattach12834.jpg

Looks good Deb. Sorry about the rain, BUT glad its you and not us here in NW Mo. Too many breaks in the levy system arround here. I'm tired of mud and water up to my _________________, lets just say above my knees. Good luck with the rest of your smoke.

Paul -

I don't know but I'm thinking they're out of season or something. I haven't seen any in about three weeks and I went to 3 Wal-Marts, Shop Rite and Stop and Shop this week.

I barely found a brisket, Only found two and one was about 50% fat mine was about a 1/3. Sad ...
icon_sad.gif

Hats off!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I just wish that I had that many folks to feed!

I can't decide what to do next? ABTs are on the list for sure, maybe some dead fish? Yardbird? Who knows?

Ok Debi, fatties are on the list for the next smoke. Can you answer me one question? What is high temp. cheese? I've been wanting to make a fatty or 2 for some time now, but after seeing them pic's this'll be the week end. I have a butt ready for bacon, and a brisket, so there's plenty of room.

Debi,

What a fine looking spread! I did not ge to smoke anything this weekend
icon_cry.gif
, but I am glad you did!! Wonderful looking!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky