Small smoke today (well for me anyway)

Discussion in 'Beef' started by deejaydebi, Jun 3, 2007.

1. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

After a two week hiatus from smoking due to my drive through one of the prettiest states I’ve ever seen (Vermont) I am doing a small smoke - Only three racks going today in my Smoke Chef. It looks naked!

I started with a 12 pound brisket, trimmed at least 4 pounds of fat off and bagged some of the better fat for sausages. That sounds weird for a fat hater now doesn’t it? Washed it up real good and added some plain rub (garlic, onion, Cajun spice, paprika, mustard, chilli powder) about 2 pm.

Cleaned up a small 8 pound butt rubbed with yellow mustard, same rub, through in on at 2:30pm.

Cleaned up two small chucks marinated in soy sauce, garlic, onion, ginger, brown sugar and Cajun spice (I know I can’t get away from the stuff). Sprinkled more spices just before throwing it in the smoker.

Split open 4 hot JD fatties (I really like the hot ones) added high temperature cheddar, diced taters, diced red and green peppers. Mixed it up and made two Mega fatties. They look like meat loafs!

More to come ...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. t-bone tim

t-bone tim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks great Debi as usual !! ...lol... and you call that a small smoke [​IMG]

3. linescum

linescum Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

looks good there debi. and your right that is a small smoke for you but it still makes my meatloaf look like a burger

4. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

I'll trade some big meats for a hunk of that meatloaf honey! I LOVE meatloaf! Although I haven't done teriyaki i awhile it was real good.

5. hillbillysmoker

hillbillysmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Gorgeous smoke Debi. Had to fully engage my automatic drool control to save my keyboard from damages. Your photos are top notch also.

6. wvsmokeman

wvsmokeman Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Debi, you always amaze me. As always, great looking grub and the pics look good enough to eat!

7. short one

short one Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Deb, looks great. Nothing better than a full smoker, unless it's 2 full smokers. Keep up the good "Q"

8. chris_harper

chris_harper Master of the Pit OTBS Member

looks very good debi. i can't wait until supper is ready.

9. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

OKay ega fatties are done. That pan ther're on is a 12" pizza pan. The diced taters are nice and soft and the cheese is intact. I still don't know what they do to make the cheese hold up in the smoker.

MAN IS IT POURING! my shelter hides the smoker but my roof drips right down my back! Ah well I'm smokin'!
    [​IMG]

10. t-bone tim

t-bone tim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Man oh man is that fatty yummy lookin drool slurp wipe [​IMG]

11. short one

short one Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looks good Deb. Sorry about the rain, BUT glad its you and not us here in NW Mo. Too many breaks in the levy system arround here. I'm tired of mud and water up to my _________________, lets just say above my knees. Good luck with the rest of your smoke.

12. squeezy

squeezy Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Ah gee Deb! ... all that space and not even one ABT ...Doh!
    Don't be a slacker now! [​IMG][​IMG]

13. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Paul -

I don't know but I'm thinking they're out of season or something. I haven't seen any in about three weeks and I went to 3 Wal-Marts, Shop Rite and Stop and Shop this week.

I barely found a brisket, Only found two and one was about 50% fat mine was about a 1/3. Sad ...[​IMG]

14. zapper

zapper Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Hats off! [​IMG]

I just wish that I had that many folks to feed!

I can't decide what to do next? ABTs are on the list for sure, maybe some dead fish? Yardbird? Who knows?

15. triple b

triple b Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Good lookin' "Q" there Debi.
    I'm jealous!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

16. smokin for life

smokin for life Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Ok Debi, fatties are on the list for the next smoke. Can you answer me one question? What is high temp. cheese? I've been wanting to make a fatty or 2 for some time now, but after seeing them pic's this'll be the week end. I have a butt ready for bacon, and a brisket, so there's plenty of room.

17. jts70

jts70 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Debi,

What a fine looking spread! I did not ge to smoke anything this weekend[​IMG] , but I am glad you did!! Wonderful looking!

18. Debi
    That looks and sounds Great!!! Small smoke (LOL).. Were do you get the high temp cheese? Tx: DB BBQ

19. jts70

jts70 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

20. As per usual Deb, good lookin' Q. Keep up the good work.[​IMG]