Small run of Brats today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hoity toit

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Did a small batch of Brats today to celebrate 60 yrs of Wurstfest in new Braunfels. Used my water stuffer instead of the big 30lb one. Will be steaming, grilling and then freezing them for later parties. I am using non-alcoholic beer for the steam in a roaster with the brats on a rack mid level.
Brats2020-3.jpg
brats2021-1.jpg
Brats2021-2.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg
IMG_2414.jpg
IMG_2413.jpg

Last edited:
That's awesome . Interested in the steam cook . I just ran some that I poached then grilled . I like that method .
I bet the steaming is a notch up from that .
Thanks for posting . Also note the moon phase . That's a great way to document the process .

Nice Brats. That is either the Coolest Home Kitchen or you have a restaurant to play in. Either way, I'm Jealous!...JJ😄

Reactions: flatbroke
Good lookin brats. I agree with jimmyj! Nice meat room to play in! I'm fortunate I can do all my big projects at the Firehouse commercial kitchen. Makes it nice with a lot of counter space...

That's awesome . Interested in the steam cook . I just ran some that I poached then grilled . I like that method .
I bet the steaming is a notch up from that .
Thanks for posting . Also note the moon phase . That's a great way to document the process .
I did not even think about the moon phase on the camera, maybe it will show when I am most likely to make sausage OR most likely to make better sausage. Yep you do pay attention to the details. Thank you my friend.

HT

Good lookin brats. I agree with jimmyj! Nice meat room to play in! I'm fortunate I can do all my big projects at the Firehouse commercial kitchen. Makes it nice with a lot of counter space...
All the tables have casters so it makes it easier to move stuff around and for cleaning better.

The sausage looks great HT!
I sure like your setup too!
Al

Thanks Al, it's that time of year again. You know, weather getting cooler gets one in the mood to dust off the equipment and process some meat. I need to be thinking about tamales too. I have an idea for hickory smoked tamales, just haven't acted on it yet.

Hoity I love that vertical stuffer and have admired your work for many years. I’m still using a 10 pound upright here in Cleburne tx. Thinking of a change… What brand is yours?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky