SMALL GARDEN IN EAST TEXAS -2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Already getting quite a few cucumbers, squash and zucchini, got my sweet potato slips planted, onions are getting big,
tomatoes are getting ripe I see little peppers starting to form.

IMG_0594.jpg
IMG_0595.jpg
IMG_0596.jpg
IMG_0597.jpg
IMG_0598.jpg

Reactions: Bearcarver
Wow!!
What a Garden!!!
Looks like some Fresh Weed-whacking was just done around that perimeter!
Need any Water?? We got way more than our share for years!!

Bear

Nice garden, looks like your going to have quite the bounty this year.

Chris

Wow!!
What a Garden!!!
Looks like some Fresh Weed-whacking was just done around that perimeter!
Need any Water?? We got way more than our share for years!!

Bear
We could use some , send some our way

Gary

Here is what my garden looks like now.

My squash started off with a bang, got a lot of both then squash bugs moved in.
I got about 250 onions and quite a few potatoes, still getting lots of cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers.
So far we have put up about 16 quarts of tomatoes 10 quarts of pickles 4 pints of relish, and squash in the freezer.
I planted about 12 -14 okra and a dozen sweet potato slips, as my tomatoes, cokes, and peppers die off I'll get those areas ready for some fall stuff I have Butternut squash and a few tomatoes going in the garage under my grow light.
I'll plant some lettuce, spinach, beans , peas, carrots and turnips later on.

Here are a few pics

Full shot of Garden
IMG_0653.jpg

Muscadine Vine
IMG_0654.jpg

Shot of all the vines
IMG_0655.jpg

Pepper Plants That one is loaded
IMG_0656.jpg

Tomatoes
IMG_0657.jpg

Sweet Potato Vines running like crazy, Okra coming along nicely
IMG_0658.jpg

Cucumbers Vertical is the only way to go
IMG_0659.jpg

Three more tomato plants and one Tomatillo
IMG_0660.jpg

Reactions: Bearcarver
Wow!!
Your gardens look better every tim e I see them!!
Getting a lot of rewards along the way too!!
Nice Job, Gary!

Bear

Gary great looking garden and some nice rewards. I too fight squash bugs and they kill the vines in just a few days. Have to get you a duck they will eat them. Not allowed anything like that where I live now due to change of time. But we use to have ducks and chickens. Chickens are not good garden pets as they will go along and peck every tomato.

Warren

Gary , that's a great garden . I too grow cucumbers up a trellis . I don't know if it's the extreme heat / dry conditions here . Maybe I'm over watering . They are turning yellow before they get to size . Boston pickling variety .

Gary wish I had a duck.
Due to cold rainy spring was late getting the garden started just looked and squash bugs already killed one plant and we haven't gotten the first squash yet. dang

Warren

That could be it . Last ones I picked were maybe 3 1/2 inches long . Turning yellow on the end .

Okay, size isn’t the issue. When you let cucumbers get too big, they’ll start to turn yellow. I’m thinking too much water. This is Gary’s thread, so he may have other input.

Well, Garden looks like crap, grass and weed everywhere. Been raining which has helped the yard and flowers, but by next week I need a little dry spell so I can dig my Sweet Taters. Butternut Squash is also just about ready.
Picking Okra every day Bush Beans are coming along.

Gary

Dug up the Sweet Taters today. I planted 10 plants (Slips) and got 30 Nice size Taters
I'll be planting more next year. This was my first time
IMG_2376.JPG

Thanks Brian Wife is excited we both love em.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky