• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Small cheese smoke today.

meskc

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 9, 2009
Since I was home I did a small cheese smoke. This is my first cheese smoke. Smoked two hours with apple pellets. Was able to keep the temp right a 60 degrees. Smoked a sharp cheddar, medium cheddar, swiss,peperjack, and horseradish cheddar. Now the hard part. All wrapped up and in the fridge for a few week rest.

Attachments

Brokenhandle

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Looks good! Today would be good cheese smoking weather here, wind chill was 5 below zero this morning

Ryan

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
looks like some good cheese, 67 here today but temp dropping like a rock now, going down to mid 20's tonight still warmer then 0 though.

meskc

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 9, 2009
After a short rest just 6 days I could not wait any longer. Only smoked two hours. Could definitely been smoked longer. Next batch I will do 3-4 hours. But very pleased with it. The new smoker worked well with the a-maze-n smoker.

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
After a short rest just 6 days I could not wait any longer. Only smoked two hours. Could definitely been smoked longer. Next batch I will do 3-4 hours. But very pleased with it. The new smoker worked well with the a-maze-n smoker.
If it doesn't have a strong enough smoke flavor for you. - then put it back on the smoker for another hour or two. There is nothing wrong with double/triple smoking cheese.

Chris

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.