Small brisket get even smaller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schlotz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 13, 2015
Coatesville, IN
I had tried out Crowd Cow an number of months back. Was reasonably pleased with the meat I had selected. In that purchase also was a brisket which has been in the freezer for a while so it was time to do something with it. Hadn't paid attention to its size until I removed it from the fridge after thawing. 9.88lbs.... not much of a fat cap and the far end of the flat was very thin. Removed a far portion of the hard fat section on the deckle and sliced off the thin flat portion. End result, down to 6.85 lbs. 50-50 salt & pepper (which is all I ever do w/brisket) and into the smoker at 275º. Pulled at 5pm and rested for an hour before serving. Rating the results I would give it 9.5 for flavor and 8 for tenderness. Should have put it on an hour earlier. Got to leave enough time when planning for a 6pm dinner with guests. Lesson learned.
BTW: it disappeared regardless of rating.
IMG_2042.JPG

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky