Slow Cooker Chicken-N-Dumplings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Making this today in the slow cooker (recipe follows)
Im using skinless thighs instead.

Diced onion
cnd.jpg

Trimming the thighs.
cnd1.jpg

Chicken , onion and butter in the crok
cnd2.jpg

cnd3.jpg

Now soup and 3 cans of water just to cover.
nd4.jpg

BBL

Recipe im using.
Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 8.18.35 AM.png

Yummy, not something I eat often but with the cooler weather coming this sounds real good! And I know my boys would eat it up in a heartbeat!

Thanks

Adding the dumplings.
I only used 1 small can (5) tore into balls.
Put the dumpling into a zip lock with flour so i dont get to messy.
cnd4.jpg

Added to croc at 35 mins remaining. Cover the croc.
cnd5.jpg

All done.
cnd6.jpg

My wife said it good

But

The dumplings taste like biscuits

Well whadda want from an Amish lady

cnd7.jpg

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Looks tasty for sure! Bookmarked for sure. Been going to my wife's dad's and step mom's for almost 30 years now on Christmas eve...chicken and dumplings every year and love it. They seemed to think they need to go to Arizona now so last year my wife made it...she did awesome.

Thanks for sharing
Ryan

30 years now on Christmas eve
Ryan that sounds like a great tradition! Every year we spend Christmas day night at my parents house. ( mom and dad have a small house in town so we'll just say its a "cozy" night lol!)The 4 of us and my brother and his wife and they have two boys as well. Yep all boys! My poor mom! Anyway we always have a nice dinner and this sounds like something that would go over well!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky