Slow Cooker Baked Beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

js0813

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 3, 2018
Alabama
Just thought I’d post this since we were talking about these earlier, and Spousal Six found her recipe. Haven’t made them in a while.

—Ingredients—

• 1 pound dry navy beans
  • 1/3 cup molasses
  • 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon mustard (dry)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 medium white onion (or half a vidalia if in season)
  • Heavy handful of small chunks of trimmings from the smoker (beef or pork)
—Prep—

Place beans in large bowl, and add enough water to coverband and let sit overnight. If using pressure cooker, skip this step and just rinse beans good. Drain and move beans to slow cooker. Mix together the molasses, vinegar, mustard, sugar, pepper, and a couple (2 or 3) tablespoons of water in a bowl, and pour over the beans. Next peel and quarter the onion, and add to beans with the trimmings. Gently stir to mix. Let cook on low for about 6 hours (more if needed). Add water to beans and bring slow cooker to high if they are too thick or dry. If using pressure cooker, cook the beans according to the temp/time for your cooker instead of all day.

Reactions: AllAces
Now that’s a solid idea AllAces...makes me wanna do some ribs now. I’ve never actually made them with bacon. Don’t know why, just never had.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky