Slicer throwing meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kvanhoesen

Original poster
Sep 19, 2020
We bought a commercial deli meat slicer However, when we slice deli meats such as bologna or ham, the slicer will slice the meat then catch the slice it just did, pull it back between the sleeve and slicing wheel cover and throw it out the slide of the slicer. Have looked every where for some kind of answer and we have washed and adjusted about every part and screw on this thing? how do we stop this? some one please help.

The meat slicer is part of the Zenchef Meat Slicer Series
Model:D1-1198A
The blade is definitely sharp and is sharpened every time it gets used. It has the sharpener that comes attached to the top of the machine.

Last edited:
How sharp is the blade? What brand did you buy? I can slice cheese on my Hobart and it dont catch it.

Reactions: Fueling Around
Sorry but I'm not following what you're saying.
I'm with you on that . Sounds like whatever is supposed to separate the slice isn't doing the job , or is missing . Slice is going between the guard and the backside of the blade . Spins clockwise , over the top and out the bottom towards the carriage ?
Blade installed wrong ? ( gap to big at the back )
Whatever directs the slice off the back away from the blade is missing .

Are you holding the meat tight against the left wall, too & from the blade?

The reason I ask is that mine does that same thing when my hunk of meat gets so small that I get a little shy about pushing the meat to the left while slicing.

Bear

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky