• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Slicer throwing meat

kvanhoesen

Joined Sep 19, 2020
We bought a commercial deli meat slicer However, when we slice deli meats such as bologna or ham, the slicer will slice the meat then catch the slice it just did, pull it back between the sleeve and slicing wheel cover and throw it out the slide of the slicer. Have looked every where for some kind of answer and we have washed and adjusted about every part and screw on this thing? how do we stop this? some one please help.

The meat slicer is part of the Zenchef Meat Slicer Series
Model:D1-1198A
The blade is definitely sharp and is sharpened every time it gets used. It has the sharpener that comes attached to the top of the machine.

Last edited:

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
How sharp is the blade? What brand did you buy? I can slice cheese on my Hobart and it dont catch it.

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Sorry but I'm not following what you're saying.
any pic's?

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Blade smooth, sharp, and nick free?

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Sorry but I'm not following what you're saying.
I'm with you on that . Sounds like whatever is supposed to separate the slice isn't doing the job , or is missing . Slice is going between the guard and the backside of the blade . Spins clockwise , over the top and out the bottom towards the carriage ?
Blade installed wrong ? ( gap to big at the back )
Whatever directs the slice off the back away from the blade is missing .

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Are you holding the meat tight against the left wall, too & from the blade?

The reason I ask is that mine does that same thing when my hunk of meat gets so small that I get a little shy about pushing the meat to the left while slicing.

Bear

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I think we all need the slicer brand & model & a photo of what is happening.
Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.